Saturday, January 06, 2007

Another Saturday

I feel like I'm back in college. I'm basically living in one room, and it's trashed. Gotta spend today cleaning up. This has been a pretty good week. Work went well, although I spent most of it down in the south part of town instead of heading up north. Went to some clients I haven't been to in a long time. Not sure what is up that that side of town has so many calls and almost none on the north or west sides. I finished all my calls each day. Makes me look better. The previous dispatcher would send me places that I drove a long ways to and still try to give me the same number of calls that the guys in town had. That was the basis of our bad feelings cause I never got them all done and he wouldn't listen to me that I couldn't. So, given the same route, I can finish the calls. Good.

I worked out Tuesday evening. Not a huge effort, but still a good all-around workout. I was sore cause I don't have any Physique, Shaklee's protein and bulk up powder. That stuff is awesome mostly because it keeps my muscles from being sore. I used everything down before I moved, and somehow New Year's Eve and New Year's Day I had little or no food in the house. Couple that with the fact that I'm trying to work out more and I started to really feel the calorie deficit. I started buying groceries to stock up. By Thursday I had the grumpies that I always get when I'm working out, so I decided that I'd not work out Thursday evening and instead started eating as much as I could. I even cooked Thursday evening! A real meal! It caught up with me last night since my body doesn't like to go from not much food to a lot of food, but this morning I feel a lot better and ready to start working out again. I may go do the ridge trail at the county park, which is 2 miles in and 2 miles out. Go light and fast. It's been raining a lot, so the trail may be muddy. And, I called Jonie and ordered some Physique.

I have managed to track my spending all week in my spreadsheet. I was just about to say I'd spent over $200 on groceries, but the numbers actually are $123 for groceries and $14 for restaurants. That has me stocked up for a couple of weeks or so. Hmmm. The spreadsheet is good because I obviously don't have a good feel for just how much I really spend. It also motivates me to keep my little chart that monitors income and outgo on the positive side rather than the negative side when I chart income minus outgo.

Davy finally contacted me about working on the website for the convention this summer. I hadn't really talked to him in several years. Really, I haven't talked to hardly anyone from back home in a long time. But, anyway, he said that he will meet me half way this weekend or next to give me the materials and such. I'm guessing it won't be this weekend since I haven't heard from him. It will be good to get back into the caving group. I was going to go to the local grotto meeting here in town, but it was Thursday evening and I just wasn't up for it. Next month...

Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment