Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ready, Set...

It's past my bedtime, and I need to get up at 3:30am. I am packed, I guess. The house is not nearly as clean as I had hoped. I am showered, and the bags are piled by the door, not loaded in the truck like I had wanted. The dishes aren't done. I'm hoping for some last minute inspiration in the morning. Right.

Tomorrow will be a long day. I am looking to the moment when I open the door to my hotel room, knowing that I have arrived. I'll enjoy that feeling for a few minutes, then start looking towards what I need to get done the next day.

It's funny, I've looked forward to these next two fieldings out in the Pacific Northwest. I've wanted the heat of summer to end. Now that I'm here, I don't really want to leave again. It's difficult to be both restless and also adverse to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment