Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pre Trip

In less than 48 hours I will be in the air on a plane on my way to Germany for 3 weeks with work. I am sitting here at home now, some things laid out to pack, pondering why I am not motivated to finish preparations. It occurred to me this afternoon that I should make myself blog every day of the trip as a test to see if I will keep up a trip journal when I am on the trail. At this point I can't say that I'm not doing anything to write about. Or rather, I should hope that spending 3 weeks in Germany will give me things I want to write about.

At the moment I would rather just crawl into the waterbed and nap. However, the only thing on my list for tonight is to sort out what I'm taking with me, and put it into the luggage. I'm taking a half day off tomorrow, but I want that time to spend around the house doing all those last minute things that I always end up trying to do while looking at my watch knowing that I need to get into the truck and head to the airport.

The good thing this time, well one thing among many, is that the house is pretty clean. I cleaned because Shiloh was here last weekend. Just a few minor things to do, and I can leave with a clear conscious this time. The housemate took his cat home. Perl just never really felt at home here. The housemate asked me how long I thought 'we' would be here, and that 'we' should just get a kitten for this house. I'm thinking that I do want another cat. When I home again I'll start looking into adopting another cat.

Well, no time like the present to start this packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment