Tuesday, January 13, 2009

...Turn The Page

I have started the next chapter of this life, again unemployed. Today I rewrite my resume. Again. And start cycling back through some of the sites where I've already submitted it. I'll also ping the HR folks back where I used to work who were going to try to find things for us at other locations in the company. And, I'll ping the unemployment office. I've already gotten the official mail notification that I am eligible to receive unemployment, just need to get in the process again.

Enough of that. With the stress of that job off I'm feeling creative again. I've gone back to cooking, obviously, because I'm home to do it and because I don't want to spend restaurant prices to eat now. Last Friday Oddball and Panya had me and Ian over for dinner. That was nice. Sunday I went to Mom And Dad's and Mom cooked a roast and vegetables and sides. Again, a good meal. Yesterday I made salmon patties. Turned out pretty good.

I'm knitting some. I don't like the 5 needles version. Too many needles to keep track of in something as small as the cuff of a sock. I've gone back to 4 until I get to where I start dividing up for the heel. I like working with yarn again.

I have started the process of going back through all my stuff and getting rid of, fixing, ironing, and generally taking care of stuff I've had just 'set aside' until I get a chance to whatever. I took a bag of clothes to Mom to distribute as she see fit on Sunday, and I've started another bag. There is a woman in the senior housing there that can wear my recently outgrown clothes, and if she doesn't want them those folks have grandkids and great grandkids who are my size. Or, the size I used to be. Eating my own cooking I"ll probably lose some of the weight I've put on this past year while traveling, but not all of it.

So, that's what has been going on. I just wasn't feeling chatty. I did learn that I need to be a bit more careful when slashing some of my costs. Sorry about deleting your domain, Dave. Sigh. Hopefully we can get the email issue worked out so we don't lose contact again.

No comments:

Post a Comment