Saturday, February 07, 2009

Normal Life

Yesterday went a bit slower than I had planned. I was up and ready for work around 7:30am. My ride in from my co-worker took a bit longer to show up. Once she broke away and got me at around noon, things went fairly smooth. We had lunch at the pizza place near the hotel (which was good), then got my various ID cards and vehicle registration so that I can get on post on Monday. Then we picked up her kids from daycare,and she dropped me back off at the Jeep. I drove over and paid my deposits and got the key to the mobile home I'll be renting. The rent kinda went up a bit, I think I am the first one of the year, and the manager first quoted me the old rate. I didn't write it down, so it's a moot point. It wasn't much different anyway. So, I unloaded the Jeep into the home, and came back here to the hotel for the night.

My back is starting to hurt more, so I think getting back into a hammock to sleep will be a good thing. Even if it is the (relatively cheap) Coleman portable setup I got the other day. This morning I'll make at least one trip over with just the stuff from the room, then the cats will ride over in the crate (not look forward to getting them into it again...). I have to be out of here at noon, so best get started on the process.

I'm looking forward to being settled in again. I am starting to really realize that I don't have anyone to call to have dinner with or go do any of the things I'm planning for the weekend. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment