Monday, October 25, 2010

One day better

I did ok on my self-improvement plan today.  I walked a bit after lunch.  The only grains I ate were the breading on the Chicken Cordon Bleu that I had for lunch, and I did get mixed vegetables with it.  I even ate the lima beans in the vegetable mix, and normally I really don't like lima beans.  The fact that they even tasted ok shows me I really needed veggies.  I'm sitting here wondering why lima beans and green peas are vegetables and not beans (legumes).  Someone enlighten me.  I did have Coke with it since they were out of chocolate milk.  Cutting out sugar will have to wait.  Then I went to the gym after work.  I made it 4 minutes on the elliptical trainer.  I have to start where I am, and  4 minutes was it.  I went back to the office to wait on F. to get off work at 6, and we walked to the gate in the dark together and then shared a cab.  I had a difficult time keeping up with him because I had bought a gallon of water at the PX and the off center weight of carrying it hurt my back when I tried to walk fast.  He finally took the water from me and then I could walk as fast as he was.  He said that walk is his exercise, and he's lost 10 lbs in the year he's been here.  So, all in all I'll consider today a success in the diet and exercise department.

3 comments:

  1. you had Chicken Cordon Bleu? LOL LOL,, so did I , but for supper, with taters and asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and broccoli casserole, turnips greens and potato salad for lunch here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are off of grains, don't forget that corn is not a vegetable but it is a grain and one that is universaly contaminated with micotoxins. Probably the worst grain you could eat and it is in everything, corn starch, corn syrup, etc.

    ReplyDelete