Sunday, December 12, 2010

Drive to work, part 1




A few weeks ago I was complaining about the loudspeaker from the circus across the street. A few days later they did pack up their tents and move on. Then, a week or so later a different circus showed up and set up in the same exact location. This one doesn't broadcast the recorded carney voice emphatically saying something in Spanish. They are much better neighbors, although during the shows I can still hear something over the loudspeakers. One morning last week I decided to take my camera out while driving to work in the taxi. This is the first picture I took. Yes, those are camels. This is December in Central America, so I'm assuming they are doing some kind of nativity scene. I could be wrong...

1 comment:

  1. A circus for a neighbor? Kinda sounds like Hot Springs.

    Sorry I haven't been in touch, but I have been trying to keep up with you, here. Glad you are coping well. Snakeman and I are getting ready to do a little cold weather hang in the Uwharries this week, and may even get to see a little bit of the white stuff falling. That's almost as rare for us beach bums as it is where you are.

    I love the pictures you are posting. Please keep sending them. It's the closest I will ever get to visiting an area like that.

    Be safe, and come back to visit when you can.

    ReplyDelete