Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekend

I'm having a nice day at home. I'm making bits and pieces of progress. I am continuing to back up the blogspot blog, back to December of 2006. Another 2 years to go. It's difficult for me to read the stuff from back then. I was so unhappy, and stuck. Always starting over, making plans, and not getting anywhere. How did I ever break out of that? Life now is really easy comparatively. I have laundry caught up for once, not starting the weekend with piles of dirty clothes to deal with. Continuing on with unpacking and wiping out kitchen cabinets. I have most of the body of the sweater done, another couple of inches and I start the armholes. I'll have to start actually looking at the pattern soon.

Who knows, I may even post some of the pictures I've been taking. I also cleaned out my daypack. I'll do a post of what I carry with me on a daily basis, since my Traveling Light post said I had that pack 'with what I normally have with me', which wasn't very enlightening. I also had way too much other stuff in there, it had gotten heavy!

I have reached a bit of a milestone in my quest to use up consumables around here. I finally, after many years, used up all of my stashes of moisturizer. Face stuff, anyway, don't ask me about body lotion... I had a lot of 'free gift' samples and various attempts to get that youthful look, pretty much all of it Lancome as that is all I've used for about 15 years. I finally exhausted it all, and am on a newly bought bottle of the stuff. Now about makeup, which I don't wear, that is another problem. I have a lot of lipsticks and eyeshadow and such stuff. Mostly from those free gifts. I don't wear much at all at any time, and the vast majority of the time I don't wear any. However, pretty much all of it has been used at least once, so it isn't sterile or anything anymore to give away. Well, at least to strangers. I hate to toss it. sigh. The decluttering goes on.

3 comments:

  1. I have a really hard time looking back on a lot of my older years as well but it's a very valuable documentation. Sometimes just knowing it's there is a reminder of how far I've come. And of course some of those years I can't look at at all but one of these days it will mean something else. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check my day pack regularly for a brick. Years ago when I was flying for a living we had a pilot that was notorious for just throwing his updates into his flight bag without putting them in his flight manuels. Once when his fight bag was so full he couldn't get anymore in he cleaned it out and found a big red brick in the bottom. It was never revealed who put it there but he figured he cared around for over 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on using up the last of your moisturizers and creams.

    I am with you on the make-up I have so much of it from back when I worked and had to look half way decent. This time that I went home I got rid of a lot of it because like yours I had used mine and could not give it away to someone else.

    ReplyDelete