Thursday, September 11, 2014

I didn't drown

The 100 years' rain didn't cause me any hardship the other day as I was at work during the rain, and the flooding had all drained away by the time I got off work.  Water here is kind of like snow in the South - wait a couple of hours and it is usually gone.

I went to Vegas again last week on my days off.  While making myself wake up to turn off the alarm to go to work when I got back I had the thought hit me from some place deep inside 'I'm not happy'.  When that happens I start thinking.  I knew that I hurt from all the walking I always do in Vegas, and I was very tired from having my routine thrown off because of my strange working hours that are difficult to stick to on my days off.  So, body was low energy.  Diet hasn't been great.  First steps are to get sleep and good nutrition squared away.  Then look to tie up some nagging details.  I've done all this now, and also canceled the second Vegas trip that I'd scheduled for next week as being too taxing physically right now.  I'll enjoy it more in November or December.  I'm making plans for my vacation at the end of the month to get away, back East to see how that all feels.  Once all the data is in, I'm going to do some looking around, inside and out, and make some decisions.  When I get too unhappy, the Universe tends to do things like send me to Honduras.  I'm careful what I wish for now.

3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling that something just isn't right, and I hope you get it all squared away. Good nutrition is a wonderful start to fixing things, but if a job causes you stress then that's another matter. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes another 100 year rain/flood. I lived in the Valley of the Sun for 14 years and saw three 100 year rain/floods.

    It is good that you skipped the second Vegas trip. If you are not feeling 'right' Vegas is certainly not going to help fix the feeling. I found Las Vegas to be depressing, more so than Reno or even Laughlin (but Laughlin was many, many years ago).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you during the rains, glad you are OK. I heard you will probably also receive some of the rain bands from the hurricane that hit Los Cabos tonight...with my CRS...I don't recall the name :(

    There is nothing worst than having to go to work and hating it. Hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete