Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Day After the Day After

I looked at last year’s post count, 35, and thought how pathetic that is.  Granted I don’t do much to write about anymore, but still…  So the goal was (is?) to beat that count, an easy New Year’s resolution last January.  I’m going to have to post a bit more to catch it.  That says as much about my life as it does about my sitting down to write about it.

Some of my wishes for the next year are to use up/get rid of a lot of the stuff around here, get into better health, and trim my finances so I can make some headway.  I look at all the food I have sitting around, and I started today to cook some of it into things I can take to work instead of my usual frozen dinners.  So far my rice pudding is really tasty rice in coconut milk, raisins, almond slivers, cinnamon and ground cardamon.  It is not pudding.  I added a beat up egg at one point.  Still just rice in coconut milk.  So, ye who know the magic of how to cook, how does one get a nice, creamy pudding?  I don’t tend to use cows milk mostly because I keep as much shelf stable stuff here as I can.  I do have instant milk if that would help.

I have also made some pasta and tomato sauce that not only used up the some of the pasta but also a can of tomato sauce, a small can of mushrooms and various spices that I really need to use up and replace with fresh.

Next up is some rice with the Tasty Bite Indian various things I have.  I figure I’ll eat it one night and take it in to work the next day.  I buy the Tasty Bite stuff by the case, usually.  I really love Indian food.  I also bought a 25lb bag of rice at one point.  Costco for the win!

I didn’t realize this Open Live Writer doesn’t have a spell check until Al mentioned it.  Expect mis-spellings to abound.  I just checked one word by opening a new email and typing it there, then correcting it here.  That works if I realize I’ve spelled it incorrectly but can’t figure out the right way.  Some things just float by and I would not realize it until I see the red squiggly line telling me to stop and go back.  You have been warned.

7 comments:

  1. You need to make it with sweet, sticky rice. And the coconut milk is the thick stuff in a can. I love it with mango :-) http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-thai-mango-with-co-122430

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I make like vanilla pudding I use corn starch 3 tbls to thicken to 2 cups of the liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being a cook I have no advise. But 25lb of rice? We wouldn't get that used in five years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not being a cook I have no advise. But 25lb of rice? We wouldn't get that used in five years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being a cook I have no advise. But 25lb of rice? We wouldn't get that used in five years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, now you got me hungry, so I guess I will go get something to eat. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo, Sandie. You are now up to 3 repeats of your comments. :) Whatever it is that is happening, it seems to be adding on.

    ReplyDelete