Thursday, January 11, 2018

Catching up

I was basically sick for a couple of weeks. Not horribly sick like a lot of people, for which I'm grateful. Just sick enough that I sat on the couch with Bosley and didn't go out unless I had to.

Turtle Lady flew in on Monday to go to the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous with me. We had planned to drive to Quartzsite on Tuesday, but the storms were forecast to move through, and we had shopping for groceries to do. I made the command decision to put the move off to Wednesday. We had great fun hitting Costco, Ranch Market, the 99 cent store, and Walmart. I have more food in my fridge, shelves, car, tied to the roofs (ok, maybe not that far) than any other time. At least since the last time she and I went shopping together.

Wednesday morning we headed out with Turtle Lady driving my Mazda and me driving the motorhome. We stopped at the Chevron station to gas up, get propane and air up the tires on the RV. It took awhile as I had to move the RV around for each step. Finally I started to drive out and saw Turtle Lady running after me yelling that the Mazda wouldn't start. Que a detour to buy a new battery.

We did get here and friends had found a great place to set up where we can run the generators in the morning for a half hour or so.

Tomorrow we head back to Payson in the Mazda to overnight at Mom's. My friend will take care of Bosley, making sure he is fed and his ears scratched so he doesn't feel abandoned.

And so another day winds down here in the desert.

1 comment:

  1. nice that you are in the area and getting over the humps. keep having too much fun.

    ReplyDelete